As for all United Kingdom Civil Service recruitment, the Scottish Fiscal Commission requires candidates to meet certain nationality requirements. Scottish Fiscal Commission jobs are broadly open to the following groups:
• UK nationals
• nationals of Commonwealth countries who have the right to work in the UK
• nationals of the Republic of Ireland
• nationals from the EU, EEA or Switzerland with (or eligible for) status under the European Union Settlement Scheme (EUSS)
• relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals working in the Civil Service
• relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals who have built up the right to work in the Civil Service
• certain family members of the relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals
Economic and Fiscal Analyst
We are currently seeking applications for Economic and Fiscal Analysts based in Edinburgh. This is a permanent and pensionable appointment and new entrants will normally start on the minimum of the pay range. Candidates with a disability who meet the essential criteria below will be invited to the assessments.
As an analyst in the SFC you will be responsible for one or more specific forecasts. To produce forecasts you will apply economic and statistical techniques to detailed historic data on the Scottish economy, taxes or social security payments, working in Excel, or specialised programs including R, SAS, EViews or Python. We have existing models for creating forecasts you will be trained to use. You will also refine these models and develop new forecasting models as the need arises.
If you’d be interested in any other future short-term opportunities (between 3 and 23 months) and have a degree in a highly numerate subject, we’d welcome your CV and a covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll keep this information for up to 12 months from date received unless you request otherwise.
You can get vacancy updates by following us on Twitter @scotfisccomm